I think of great topics for this blog all the time... sadly, I don't sit down and share these musings very often. Today, after reading Talia's blog from last week and another from today, I was inspired to sit down and write... and then I couldn't think of anything really fabulous to write about... everything just seems to be my daily life and goings-on :)
Sooo...here are some of the things that come to my mind as I sit here and write tonight. First of, I had 2 very good interviews today and I hope to hear something back soon. I interviewed for a scheduling position with a company that handles background and drug screens as well as fingerprinting for pre-employment testing. This would be a fun job I am sure, as the people who will be calling would have just been hired :)
The other position was a customer service/front end person in a signage shop. This is a franchise business with only about 6 employees (once all the hiring is done). The boss just took over the shop about a month ago and is eager to get started and make some changes :) Again, this job sounded like fun, never knowing what might come in for the day and working for the owner rather than a corporate office.
On Wednesdays, Caitlyn has been attending a program called Kingdom Kids and she is loving it!! She gets to sing with kids her age, have time for homework (with help), have a Bible study time and play in the gym. Wednesdays are definitely one of her favorite week days. Caitlyn is also working everyday to complete her second grade work, so we can send in her work for the Oct 31st deadline for CLASS. I love homeschooling!
Brayden is getting bigger and doing more each day, or so it seems. He is starting to make sounds like ma ma and da or dad when speaking to Tyra or I. It is so cute to hear Brayden call for his dad in the morning, as he is usually the one to get him up!! Brayden may not know everyone's name or be able to say it, but he does know how to make his desires known. For example, when Michael (Marcia Hohm's son) is not around, he will call for Michael from the bottom of the stairs until he comes down. It is just too cute :) Brayden is also very interested in EVERYTHING :) He loves to carry around and look at any kind of book he can hold. He is very interested in coloring when his sister sits with him. He only wants to play with baby toys, when we are at the store. At home, he much prefers to play with all of the other things he can find within his reach...
Tyra is now in the student clinic and is very excited to be able to evaluate and treat other students and their dependents. There is oversight from a professor/chiropractor, but I know he is enjoying actually having a chance to adjust and adjust patients with real problems. He still has some classes he is attending for this semester and much of his time is spent at school. When he is here, he spends time on homework and research for his patients along with household projects :) Needless to say he keeps busy.
So here are some of my musings, which are really tonight just an update of what is happening in our lives, hope you enjoy and comment. Comments encourage me to come back often :)
PS... Talia, I enjoy the fall almost as much as the Spring!! The weather is cooler here and I have actually had to unpack the warmer winter clothes for Brayden and Caitlyn. I got a chance to peruse some of the ETSY shops and must agree, they were wonderful :) Hope this qualifies me to be entered again in your little giveaway, which is a delightful idea!
just because.
11 years ago

this is horrible, but I always forget that you have a blog! I'm so glad you reminded me, and I am most definitely adding it to my blog list so I will be able to check back often! :)
ReplyDeletethanks for sharing the musings, I love reading about what is up with all of you. I'm most definitely praying that you hear back good news from your interviews!